Learn the secrets of hackers with practical examples
- How to brute force a password using a dictionary
- How to predict user sessions and steal data from other users
- Directory Transversal: How to steal the passwords file
- XSS attack : How to steal the user’s cookie
- SQL injection: Destroy user data with a well crafted SQL query! See example chapter
- Stack overflow: Force the system to log you in, even with the wrong password
- A simulation of the Heartbleed bug: Read hidden & secret data
- Heap overflow: Read a secret file you are banned from reading, by overflowing the internal memory buffers
- How to prevent all the attacks above
- General principles on writing secure code
- How to store passwords safely
- How code is compiled, how we go from high level to assembly to machine language.
You will be provided a virtual machine with all the code, so you can start practicing immediately.
Prefer LeanPub? Go here.